Financial Literacy Month
April is Financial Literacy Month in Rhode Island!
Each year since 2005, Governor Carcieri and the Rhode Island Legislature have proclaimed April as Financial Literacy Month. To view the proclamations, click here.
The United States Congress has also proclaimed April as national Financial Literacy Month for many years.
During April, the Coalition conducts and coordinates several public awareness activities. Current and past activities include:
- State official and legislative proclamation ceremony at the State House
- RI State LifeSmarts Champions to the national competition
- Promotion of the biennial release of the national Jump$tart Coalition Financial Literacy Survey of High School Seniors
- Coordination of "Teach Children to Save Day"
- Hosting of the Financial Literacy Leaders' Luncheon
- Coordination of Rhode Island high school involvement of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's "Want 2 Get Ready for Your Financial Future" teen personal finance workshop
- Promotion of President Bush's Financial Literacy Advisory Council's national Financial Literacy Challenge for high school students