We are excited to announce RI Jump$tart’s newest partnership with Next Gen Personal Finance which will provide additional PD opportunities for you starting in February and continuing through the spring. Next Gen Personal Finance (NGPF) is a national nonprofit that is expanding access to personal finance education by delivering free professional development and curriculum.
Over the next six months, we will be collaborating on the Partnership for Professional Development Initiative.
What does this mean for you?
Collaborating and connecting with other personal finance teachers has become more important than ever. That is why we are so excited to collaborate with NGPF on these three upcoming events. Each of these events will include multiple opportunities for teachers to work together to share ideas and best practices while also walking away with new resources to implement immediately.
- Title: 5 Resources in 50 Minutes
- Description: Looking for bite-size resources to engage your students both in-person and while you are teaching remotely? We will zip through 5 of NGPF’s most popular during this session.
- Sign Up: https://www.ngpf.org/account/#!/my-account-ngpf-academy-register/1000804
- Date: 2/22/2021
- Time: 4:00 pm East
- Title: Teaching Through NGPF Arcade Games
- Description: Looking for online games and simulations that promote student critical thinking and dialogue? Play some of the popular NGPF Arcade Games while discussing implementation strategies.
- Sign Up: https://www.ngpf.org/account/#!/my-account-ngpf-academy-register/1000805
- Date: 3/18/2021
- Time: 4:00 pm East
- Title: Virtual FinCamp
- Description: In this 3 hour session, you will collaborate with other educators from Rhode Island, discover new resources and deepen your content knowledge. Try a format that educators are calling “the most productive PD this school year!”
- Sign Up: https://www.ngpf.org/account/#!/my-account-ngpf-academy-register/1000806
- Date: 4/17/2021
- Time: 12pm – 3pm East
As an added bonus, we will be raffling off two $25 Amazon gift cards at each Virtual PD event and two $50 gift cards at the Fincamp event!
You will also see links to NGPF-led Virtual PD sessions, Certification courses, and On-demand modules listed on our website, social media outlets, and newsletters. All professional development sessions, curriculum, and resources are FREE. We encourage you to sign up!
We are excited to increase awareness and access to personal finance education through this partnership. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Dr. Margaret Brooks, President, RI Jump$tart Coalition