RI JumpStart is an affiliate of the National JumpStart Coalition. We are a 501 c(3) corporation, registered in RI since 2004 under EIN number 20-1101662. Click here to learn about the role of state affiliates in National JumpStart initiatives. You may also search for other state affiliates on the national website.
The Rhode Island Jump$tart Coalition is a coalition of Rhode Island organizations, businesses, educators, individuals and other stakeholders dedicated to improving the financial capability of the region’s residents, including under-served populations. We seek to improve personal financial knowledge and skills so that individuals may be empowered to employ responsible personal financial practices that can lead to lifelong financial security and fulfillment.
Rhode Island Jump$tart Coalition carries out its mission by:
- Convening forums where partners and other stakeholders can network, exchange ideas, promote efforts and form alliances;
- Sharing and promoting best practices in financial capability programs;
- Creating, planning, executing and securing funds for valuable initiatives;
- Promoting trusted programs, educational resources, and when possible, providing funds to target population program providers; and
- Increasing awareness among policy-makers, civic leaders, and other people of influence about the need for and benefits of increased personal financial capability in Rhode Island and beyond.
Vision for Our Future
Rhode Island Jump$tart Coalition envisions a state in which young people are informed and become increasingly responsible for their personal economic well-being as they approach adulthood, and as they manage their finances and contribute to their communities as adult citizens. We see education, business, civic, family, government, and other stakeholders being actively engaged and working together to provide youth and adults, with the information and skills they need to confidently navigate today’s dynamic personal financial marketplace.
Non Discrimination Policy
The Rhode Island Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy (RIJ$C) is committed to offering our services to all individuals on a non-discriminatory basis. RIJ$C does not discriminate based upon sex, actual or perceived gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, parental, marital, domestic partner, civil union, military, or veteran status.